Best Senior Dating Sites : How to Choose Yours?
Dating apps and websites have quickly become common over the years, so much so, that today you can see a wide range of them targeted towards very specific niches. Some of them may be aimed at an ethnic group, others may be aimed at singles who have a particular fetish… But what’s gaining more and more in popularity is the senior category. Baby-boomers are changing social norms. If they want to find love again, they go for it and won’t let age define who they are.
If you’re a single over 50, you may be wondering how to choose the right senior dating site for you. Here, we give you a list, along with membership fees information and some advice.
What can I expect from free senior dating sites?The advantage of joining free dating websites is that they generally gather a much higher number of users as everyone can register without spending money and without entering their credit card information. As a result, you can easily meet new people, whether your goal is friendship, love or hook-ups. So it can be a nice way to make quick virtual connections, especially if you just want to enjoy meeting new like-minded people without pressuring yourself into finding the perfect man or woman right away in order to avoid spending more and more money on subscription fees.
However, you have to be careful when choosing your platform. As members are not required to pay anything, you are more likely to come across fake or inactive profiles. To avoid scammers, you want to join a free senior dating website that is also serious and committed to maintaining a safe and authentic community regardless.
2seniors.com• What it offers : our website allows you to meet other 50 plus members interested in finding either a romantic partner, new friends or both. It is ideal for seniors who like socializing and chatting with various types of people.
2seniors.com has a blog as well as a relationship advice section, where you can find dating and relationship tips and articles about health, money, etc. For example, our website features articles such as “How to Attract Interesting Matches Online”, whereas on the blog, you can read articles like “How to Trust and Love Again After a Divorce”.
There is also a free forum where users can exchange their opinion on chosen themes ;
• Compatibility : our website suggests you other users who meet your search criteria (location, relationship goals, qualities, etc.) ;
• Costs : our senior dating site is completely free.
What can I expect from paid senior dating sites?Paid senior dating sites usually have less members that free ones and for that reason, the more specific they are, the better. They can be a great idea for singles who are looking for a partner that belongs to a certain community, practices a certain religion, has some rare attributes, etc. Here are some of the most popular sites:
Firstmet.com• What it offers : this website is a mix between a dating website and a social media. For that matter, it is not dedicated to seniors but has a large community of over 50s.
You can log in with your Facebook account, see if you have friends in common with other users and, if you choose a free membership, you can chat with other active users without restriction.
You can also find a blog featuring articles for various types of readers, for example, there is a section for divorcees and for single parents. The articles are mostly about love and you can read titles like “powerful quotes about love” or “tips to improve your online dating profile” ;
• Compatibility : the main focus is common interests between members ;
• Costs : $25 for 1 month, $16.66 per month for 3 months and $12.50 per month for 6 months.
Elitesingles.com• What it offers : this website is not exclusively made for seniors but rather, for singles who belong to a higher socio-professional category, which means, people who pursued high level studies and people who currently have a great professional situation. Consequently, it can be appropriate for seniors because they have had the time to build a flourishing career, unlike younger generations.
You can find a magazine section on the website that compiles various articles about love, for example, about love lessons you can learn from Christmas movies.
You can also find an e-shop, where you can buy e-books, podcasts and CDs to help you find love or to make peace with your past before dating again ;
• Compatibility : when you register, you have to answer a personality quiz. The latter will be the base for finding other profiles that matches yours. The algorithm will take into account things like your studies, what you look for in a partner and, of course, your location ;
• Costs : $64.95 per month for 3 months, $39.95 per month for 6 months and $37.95 per month for 12 months.
Seniormatch.com• What it offers : the website focuses on singles over 50 years old. However, people between 30 and 49 can also join it and chat with other members.
You can find a forum where members discuss as well as a blog section where there are dating advice posts, such as how to give a good first impression on a date or how to meet more people and actually find love using a senior dating site ;
• Compatibility : the website has developed its own algorithm to match users. It takes into account what you look for in a future mate (their location, their age range and their interests) ;
• Costs : $29.95 per month.
Silversingles.com• What it offers : this website is exclusively for 50 plus people. Like many other paid dating sites, you can register for free and start exploring the features before upgrading to a premium account. With a basic membership, you can take a personality test and see suggested profiles, but you will need a premium membership to have unlimited access to photos, exchange with other users and to have a read report ;
• Compatibility : you have to answer a personality test, which is more or less detailed depending on the membership package you opt for. From the results you get, the website will suggest you users based on your lifestyle, your character and your relationship goals. The particularity of this dating site is that it puts more emphasis on compatibility than on location ;
• Costs : $57.95 per month for 3 months, $34.95 per month for 6 months and $31.95 per month for 12 months.